In 1933 Mr. Clifton Elvin Turner opened his first standard oil service station servicing vehicles 6 days a week for 35 years until he retired in 1968.
His son Samuel Clifton Turner worked part time on weekends and all summer in 1951 before entering college at the University of Alabama. Before he could graduate he was drafted by the United States Army where he played in the band as a trumpet player. After a short term in the army he returned home to continue his college education. In 1957 he began his career with Standard Oil Company as a retail sales representative for 15 years and was promoted to the Real Estate department where he bought just about every corner on interstate 65 south of Montgomery for the company.
In 1970 he became a Standard Oil company agent serving his customers in Elmore County, Alabama and then in 1985 he incorporated Turner Oil, Inc. a Chevron jobber. In 1990 he hired his son in law Dean A. Mack to continue his business so he could retire.